|(photo: Sontra via photopin cc)|
- Be honest about why you're breaking up with your guy or girl, but not brutally so. Use tact.
- Think through all the ways the person might react, and try to prepare yourself.
- Break up in person! Would you want someone to break up with you via Facebook or text?
- Rush the conversation. Take some time to consider your reasons and how you'll handle this.
- Tell others beforehand that you're planning to break up with your GF or BF. They might blab.
- Badmouth or gossip about your ex after you've broken up. Golden Rule, karma, whatever you call it -- it's just not smart.